We are seeking to hire an experienced Developer to join the DARIAH Coordination Office team, based in Berlin, Germany (with flexibility options for remote work).
The applicant should have a degree in computer science or related fields and expertise in the maintenance of technical infrastructures. The main part of the work will take place in the ecosystem of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) and revolve around the administration and technical integration of services.
Applicants for this position should:
- hold an academic degree or equivalent qualification in computer science or related fields;
- have knowledge of accessibility/usability standards, best practices and industry conventions;
- be fluent in English and have excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability and confidence to engage with project partners clearly and professionally;
- be organised, conscientious and resourceful.
Following skills would be a plus:
- knowledge of further standard programming languages (Java, Python);
- experience in an area of applied computing or information science (e.g., digital libraries, metadata, semantic web, information retrieval);
- curiosity for technological innovations;
- some experience in IT Service Management (FitSM training will be provided during the first weeks).
Deadline for applications: May 17, 2021
For more information, see the full post description.