The DESIR Winter School “Shaping new approaches to data management in arts and humanities” will take place in Lisbon on 10-13 December 2019. The event will be hosted by NOVA FCSH University facilities and is organised in the framework of the Horizon 2020 funded project DESIR (DARIAH ERIC Sustainability Refined).
We aim to attract PhD students, arts and humanities scholars from all career stages and research managers interested in the issues raised by sustainable practices to open up data in the arts and humanities. The event is a joint organisation between DARIAH and NOVA FCSH.
The DESIR Winter School will bring together 20 junior and senior scholars and experts with the following aims:
- Introduce scientific and academic communities in the arts and humanities to the principles and practices of responsible research and Open Science
- Strengthen the skills of the arts and humanities communities in research data management, curation, sharing, preservation and reuse
- Enable R&D and Higher Education institutions to develop research data strategies and policies
- Foster national and international collaboration amongst the diverse research communities in the arts and humanities
- Introduce participants to innovative publishing practices and venues in the arts and humanities, such as data journals, overlay journals etc.
Call for applications
Applicants should send a CV and submit a short motivation letter (750 words maximum) presenting their background and explaining how their participation at the event would benefit their scholarly work.
Participation is free of charge. Travel costs and accommodation will be covered for all selected participants up to a maximum of 500€.
Applications should be made via the DESIR Winter School website.
Deadline for applications: 30 September 2019