Registration for DARIAH’s Annual Event, which will take place in Paris, 22-24 May 2018, is now open. Please register until 23 May 2018 at https://dariah2018.sciencesconf.org/registration.
Note: Registration with dinner incuded closes on 18 May 2018. After that you can still register without dinner.
The Annual Event is open beyond the DARIAH community. It features a series of engaging keynote lectures and interactive sessions, which bring together researchers, technologists, data scientists and cultural heritage professionals. Additionally it enables colleagues to work together face-to-face on their DARIAH activities, e.g. in Working Group meetings.
This year: focus on Open Science
The theme for this year’s event is Open Science. We would like to discuss with the DARIAH community how we deal with issues of Open Science in the research infrastructure we build, and how the humanities can promote new methodologies for open collaboration. There will be two keynotes and several workshops on the topic.
The first keynote will be held by Dr. Jon Tennant, who is creator of the Open Science Mooc. It is entitled “Open Science is just good science”. The speech will center around the question of how researchers can work together to kick-start a new culture of ‘open’ scientific practices.
The second keynote speaker is Prof. Teresa Scassa, the Canada Research Chair in Information Law and Policy at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law. She will speak on “Intellectual Property Rights in Ethically Open Science” and will examine the complex role of intellectual property rights in the creation and advancement of academic knowledge.
A series of workshops will highlight various aspects of the DARIAH infrastructure:
- Workshop 1: Promoting Open Scholarship in DH: Reasons and Tools for Open Licensing
- Workshop 2: DH Course Registry Metadatathon
- Workshop 3: Open Peer Review hands on: alternative methods of evaluation in scholarly publishing
- Workshop 4: DH in Ten Years From Now. PARTHENOS ‘Foresight Study Workshop’
Working group meetings open to everyone
Additionally, for the first time, the meetings of DARIAH’s working groups will be open to everyone who attends the Annual Event. If you are curious about their activities or interested in starting a collaboration, just specify this during the registration process. The agendas of the meetings can be viewed in detail on the event website.
- The full programme with more details on keynotes, speakers and workshops can be found here: https://dariah2018.sciencesconf.org/
- Detailed information is available on the event’s sciencesconf.org web page: https://dariah2018.sciencesconf.org/
- A general overview on the event, featuring recaps of the last two Annual Events in Berlin (2017) and Ghent (2016) is available on our website: https://www.dariah.eu/activities/annual-event/