DESIR Winter School: Shaping new approaches to data management in arts and humanities
December 10, 2019 - December 13, 2019
The DESIR Winter School “Shaping new approaches to data management in arts and humanities” will take place in Lisbon on 10-13 December 2019. The event will be hosted by NOVA FCSH University facilities and is organised in the framework of the Horizon 2020 funded project DESIR (DARIAH ERIC Sustainability Refined).
It will bring together 20 junior and senior scholars, librarians, data managers, editors and publishers together with experts with the following aims:
- Introduce scientific and academic communities in the arts and humanities to the principles and practices of responsible research and Open Science
- Strengthen the skills of the arts and humanities communities in research data management, curation, sharing, preservation and reuse
- Enable R&D and Higher Education institutions to develop research data strategies and policies
- Foster national and international collaboration amongst the diverse research communities in the arts and humanities
- Introduce participants to innovative publishing practices and venues in the arts and humanities, such as data journals, overlay journals etc.