Job Opportunity: DARIAH Is Seeking to Appoint a Part-Time Member of the Board of Directors
DARIAH, the Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities, is a pan-European organization, which aims to enhance and support digitally-enabled research and teaching across the humanities and arts. DARIAH is formally an ERIC, a European Research Infrastructure Consortium and is one of only 29 Landmarks on the Roadmap of the European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures. To date, 17 countries – Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, The Netherlands, Serbia and Slovenia have become Members, while we also have a growing number of Cooperating Partners. DARIAH is therefore both an ambitious and still expanding organization, with six further candidate countries due to become members in 2020.
We are looking to appoint a part-time member of the Board of Directors from 01 September 2018, who will work closely with two other Board members, including the Chair of the Board. The Board of Directors is the executive body of DARIAH and its legal representative, also providing strategic leadership for our activities.
You will be:
- an active researcher with significant experience with the application of digital methods to arts and humanities research.
- an inspirational and visionary leader, with a proven track record of managing national and international organisations or projects.
If you wish to apply, please send an email to the DARIAH-EU Coordination Office (firstname.lastname@example.org), including:
- a 2-3 page CV, outlining your research activities and strategic leadership experience
- a covering letter in support of your application
- The names and contact details of at least two referees
- a 2-3 page document outlining your vision for DARIAH for the next 3 years.
The closing date for applications is: Friday, 09 March 2018.
For more information and details on the application procedure, please download the full post description.