In order to expend and complement our existing coordination team, we are looking for a motivated Open Science Officer who will contribute to the design and implementation of policy statements, guidelines and service related to the open dissemination of research results in the humanities. This position will be full time and situated at the DARIAH Coordination Office in Berlin, hosted by the Centre Marc Bloch (CMB), Friedrichstraße 191, 10117 Berlin, Germany.
The ideal candidate
• has a PHD in the humanities or in strong connection to a humanities discipline
• has a minimum of 2-years’ experience with open access, open data or open source software, in the context of digital research methods in the humanities
• should be interested in digital information dissemination at large and possibly in new scholarly publication models, data management in the humanities
• must demonstrate good understanding of publication platforms and data repositories with some ability to deal with data and metadata formats and their related standards
• has excellent communication and organizational skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range of internal and external contacts and stakeholders
• has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• is fluent in English (spoken & written), German and/or French would be an asset
What you get
• Working with an international team all over Europe
• A nice office in the middle of Berlin
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours
Who we are
DARIAH (http://dariah.eu/), the Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities, is a pan-European Research Infrastructure, which aims to enhance and support digitally-enabled research and teaching across the humanities and arts.
On 15 August 2014, DARIAH was established as a European legal entity, the DARIAH-ERIC (European Research Infrastructure Consortium). The DARIAH-ERIC has 17 member countries Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia and Serbia. The DARIAH-EU Coordination Office is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of DARIAH-EU. The DARIAH-EU Coordination Office is a distributed team with offices in Germany, France and The Netherlands.
The key tasks of the DCO are to:
• provide high quality support to the DARIAH-EU Members, Observers and Cooperating Partners
• ensure the efficient and effective operation of the DARIAH-ERIC
• provide high quality communication within DARIAH-EU and to the wider digital arts and humanities research community in Europe and beyond
Principal duties expected in the context of this position:
• Contribute, in relation to the various DARIAH bodies, to the design, validation and dissemination of our various open science policies (open access, data management, data re-use charter)
• Advocate and provide support to DARIAH members and users concerning the various platforms and services related to our open science endeavors (SciencesConf, Episciences, Hypotheses.org)
• Coordinate the editorial contributions to our OpenMethod platform
• Work in close connection to DARIAH members to identify and stimulate a network of national open science officers
Terms and conditions
You will be appointed for two years on a salary scale according to the pay grade TV-L13 (Humboldt University Berlin). The appointment is expected to be effective from February 2018.
As we promote professional equality of women, women are particularly encouraged to apply for the job.
Severely disabled applicants with equivalent aptitude will be employed preferentially.
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and a cover letter, addressed to:
The deadline for applications is 31 December 2017.