DARIAH-EU is looking for an experienced and motivated Financial Officer.
Reference number: FO-0117
DARIAH, the Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities, is a pan-European Research Infrastructure, which aims to enhance and support digitally-enabled research and teaching across the humanities and arts. On 15 August 2014, DARIAH was established as a European legal entity, the DARIAH-ERIC (European Research Infrastructure Consortium). The DARIAH-ERIC has currently 17 Member countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Slovenia, Serbia, Poland and Portugal. The statutory seat of DARIAH ERIC is in Paris, France.
The DARIAH-EU Coordination Office is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of DARIAH-EU. The key tasks of the DCO are to:
- To provide high quality support to the DARIAH-EU Members, Observers and Cooperating Partners
- To ensure the efficient and effective operation of the DARIAH-ERIC
- To provide high quality communication within DARIAH-EU and to the wider digital arts and humanities research community in Europe and beyond
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Financial Officer, who will manage the financial, accounting and controlling activities of DARIAH-EU and support the DARIAH Board of Directors and the CEO in all related matters.
This position will be situated at the DCO office in Berlin, hosted by the Centre Marc Bloch, Friedrichstrasse 191, 10117 Berlin.
Terms and Conditions
The initial appointment period will be of one year with the option of renewal, on salary similar to that expected in university or research institution. The actual salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience, but is expected to be in the range of 34,000 € – 48,000 € per year for a full-time position. The DARIAH-EU Coordination Office is likely to be a distributed team with offices in Germany, France and The Netherlands.
If you wish to apply, please send an email to the President of the DARIAH-EU Board of Directors, Mr. Laurent Romary with copy to the DARIAH-EU Chief Organisation Officer, Mrs. Anne Grésillon including:
- a 1-2 page CV
- a covering letter in support of your application
- The closing date for applications is: 27 November 2016.
- Interviews are supposed to take place before Christmas 2016.
- The appointments are expected to commence on 2nd January 2017.
As we promote professional equality of women, women are particularly encouraged to apply for the job.
Severely disabled applicants with equivalent aptitude will be employed preferentially.
- Job Title: DARIAH-EU Financial Officer
- Reports to: DARIAH-EU Board of Directors and CEO
- To manage the financial, accounting and controlling activities of DARIAH-EU and support the DARIAH-EU Board of Directors and the CEO in all related matters
- To undertake the financial management for the DARIAH-ERIC and related external project funding including responsibility for the DARIAH ERIC bank account
- To maintain the overall view on income and expenses
- To act as a first point of contact for the Members, Observers and Cooperating Partners of the DARIAH-ERIC regarding financial matters
- To work in collaboration with the Chief Organisation Officer in charge of the administrative and legal management as well as the meeting and event organisation of the DARIAH ERIC
- To support the Board of Directors in preparing the annual budgets and contribution levels for Members and Observers
- To produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines and to expose them to the DARIAH-EU General Assembly
- To manage any procurement undertaken on behalf of the DARIAH ERIC in line with the Procurement Policy laid out in the DARIAH ERIC Statutes
- To handle travel expense reports
- To manage the external financial audit of the DARIAH ERIC
- To maintain current awareness of the financial regulations of relevance to the DARIAH-ERIC and ensuring that these regulations are implemented correctly.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree, professional qualification or equivalent professional experience in finance, accounting and
- Experience of managing the financial and accounting activities of projects, preferably in a European or international academic or research context
- Ability to work both in a physical and virtual team and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Communication skills in German are appreciated
- Affinity with digital research in the arts and humanities