It will see the following DARIAH activities:
- A short presentation given by DARIAH's Programme Implementation Officer Suzanne Dumouchel: "How the notion of ACCESS guides the organization of a European research infrastructure: the example of DARIAH"
- A panel of presentations, in the context of the Humanities at Scale (HaS) project: "Scaling up Arts and Humanities The DARIAH Approach to Data and Services"
- A booth shared with CLARIN ERIC, which gives insight into the organization of european research infrastructures.
- A communication space which can be used by DARIAH and CLARIN communities for workshops or any other meeting you may need.
Several members of the broader DARIAH community will be present, like Frank Fischer, of the DARIAH Board of Directors, among others.
Suzanne Dumouchel's presentation will focus on DARIAH's current Strategic Action Plan, a living document which tries to answer several questions revolving around the operation of the DARIAH infrastructure up to and beyond 2019.
The HaS panel will introduce and discuss several central aspects of DARIAH-EU, which aim to support emerging practices in the Digital Humanities, e.g. to disseminate consolidated practices and to provide tools for navigation through the rich and changing landscape of the productions of research communities, be they research data, tools, methods or other assets. The session is chaired by Chad Gaffield, who is a member of DARIAH's Scientific Advisory Board. In total five presentations will be given:
- Nicolas Larrousse & Paulin Ribbe (CNRS, Huma-Num): "Building a durable infrastructure"
- Mike Priddy (Co-authors: Francesca Morselli, Lisa de Leeuw, Andrea Scharnhorst) (DANS): "DARIAH contributions and the reference architecture they inhabit"
- Carsten Thiel (SUB Göttingen): "Re-usability of tools and services"
- Aurélien Berra (Université Paris-Ouest Nanterre): "Teaching: where and how?"
- Matej Durco (ACDH-ÖAW): "DARIAH & affiliates"
The DH 2017 is co-organised by McGill University and the Université de Montréal, DH2017 will take place August 8-11, 2017 in downtown Montréal, Canada on the campus of McGill University. This is the premiere annual conference of the international Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO). The theme of DH2017 is “Access/Accès”.
Event website: dh2017.adho.org
For more information on DARIAH's participation, or if you would like to use the communication space, please write to Suzanne Dumouchel, email@example.com