They will monitor and update ADHO’s social media presence; maintain its website; help to develop and implement ADHO’s outreach strategy; and perform other communications-related responsibilities. The fellows should anticipate spending approximately 3-4 hours per week on the position.
The fellowship comes with a small annual stipend of 600 Euros. It is well suited for graduate students, young scholars, and academic professionals who wish to develop deeper knowledge of digital humanities and its global communities, contribute to an important digital humanities professional organization, and gain professional experience in social media and communications.
Desired skills and qualifications include:
- working knowledge of more than one language
- excellent written communication skills
- ability to work with minimal supervision
- attention to detail
- some knowledge of digital humanities communities and current discourses
- some knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
- experience creating and publishing content using Drupal, WordPress, or another web content management system
- skills in graphic design and multimedia editing
To apply, submit a CV or résumé, a brief writing sample, three letters of reference, and a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position to Hannah Jacobs, chair of ADHO’s communications committee: email@example.com. The application deadline is May 31, 2017. Two positions will be available.
The fellowships will extend from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
More info can be found at the ADHO website: adho.org/announcements/2017/call-applicants-2017-18-communications-fellowships